Ohio Concealed Carry - Ladies Only!
Pre-requisite: None. This course meets the mandatory educational requirements for receiving an Ohio concealed carry permit. It is open only to ladies.
This intense 12-hour training course focuses on a comprehensive overview of Ohio law concerning the use of deadly force and developing handgun skills that are necessary for safely carrying, handling and shooting a concealed handgun. Students will understand the conditions that must be met for the justification to use deadly force and will engage in scenario discussions that will further clarify the Ohio laws concerning concealed carry.
Range time will focus on proper shooting techniques with an emphasis on hand position, sight alignment, trigger squeeze and follow through.
This is a fast paced and exciting firearms training course!
The following topics will be covered:
- Firearms safety
- Shooting fundamentals
- Principals of personal defense using a handgun
- Developing a combat mindset
- Threat awareness and area scanning
- Legal conditions for use of deadly force
- Civil liability issues
- Proper (and safe) loading and unloading of a handgun
- Balancing speed and accuracy
- Ammunition selection for personal defense
- Handgun malfunctions
- Criminal mindset - don't be a victim